CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: EMC capability

Posted by Paul Corner
on 2000-10-07 17:14:38 UTC
Ray and Ballendo wrote:

>> Let me illustrate with a real example from a recent open source event.
>> While working on tkbackplot, I got far enough to post an alpha tgz with a
>> note that 3d had not been implemented 'cause i couldn't figure out the
>> math at 2 am my time. Well within a couple hours Paul Corner (my time +
>> at least 5) posted the correct lines of code to fit in my release. I
>> don't think either of us was trying to make a proprietary killing on our
>> work. We saw a feature that needed to be there. Sure Mazak and many
>> others had similar features first. But hey! It's always a moving target.

Uh-oh My name's being banded around again...
Working within spitting distance of the Greenwich meridian, I'm trying to get
an old set of 3D extensions to work with tcl/tk 8.0 - The intention is to add
zoom and rotate functions to tkbackplot. Don't hold your breath though, it may
take some time IF it will work at all.
I have one or two other bells and wotnots I want to see included in the EMC
GUI, but they will have to wait while I make chips - Trying to get a cylinder
block finished to take to a show next weekend.

> >For the casual observer here, I need to remind us that the RS in
> >that "standard" means recommended standard. As several have pointed
> >to, each control uses its own version of RS274 and would like you to
> >think that it is the "real" standard.

> Whether or not a person chooses to accept the quality of the current
> state of things, there IS a CURRENT set of CONVENTIONS which should
> be referred to and addressed by responsible programmers.

I have compiled a partial list of some G-code flavours which can be used as a
reference - If anyone has codes for other machines, send them in and I will
update the list.

Regards, Paul.

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-10-07 13:54:11 UTC Re: Re: EMC capability Paul Corner 2000-10-07 17:14:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: EMC capability Paul Corner 2000-10-07 17:14:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: EMC capability Paul Corner 2000-10-07 17:28:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: EMC capability Ray 2000-10-08 15:14:03 UTC Re: Re: Re: EMC capability