CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:TMG CNC retrofit packages

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-10-09 20:20:28 UTC
Rich writes:
>Is anyone familiar with The Motion Group of San Jose, California? I
>searched the old messages and only found a mention of them in two.
>http://www.motiongroup.com/cnc.htm
>Does anyone have one of their controllers and will it work with EMC?
>I asked them and they didn't know what EMC was. Their stuff uses a
>DOS program. They suggested I call and talk to them, just haven't
>had a chance.TIA,Richard

Rich,

Probably my posts so I don't know if this will be new...

Don Downs was the chief engineer, and made some pretty good step
driver boards. Their controller(s) were based on the cybernetics
Cy545 motion chip and to save money they "shared" it between multiple
axes. Not too good for continuous motion, but fine for pick-n-place.
Their software is a "front-end" for MaxNC. Giving a GUI look and
feel.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

Discussion Thread

Rich 2000-10-09 20:04:39 UTC TMG CNC retrofit packages ballendo@y... 2000-10-09 20:20:28 UTC re:TMG CNC retrofit packages Dan Mauch 2000-10-10 06:34:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] TMG CNC retrofit packages