CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] H-Bridge driver chip

Walter wrote:

> Look at the Intersil HIP4040 H bridge driver chip for a chip that will
>
> drive up to 80 volts with N-FETs in the output stage.
> This includes provision for current limiting as well.

I know WAY, WAY more than I want to about this chip! It is NOT good to
80 Volts, Intersil themselves will tell you (when they are being honest)
that
it is only good to 49 Volts. They have some elaborate circuits that
bring
this up to 54 Volts. I had a system working at 59 volts, but had a lot
of
problems with it. This chip was the heart of my original servo
amplifier.
I had to use about 8 chips and a transformer to duplicate the functions
of this chip, but the results have been WELL worth the effort! I blew
20 of these chips and about 60 FETs before giving up on it. I now
use two IR2113S half-bridge drivers, with an external charge pump
for high side FET bias. I did not even blow ONE FET or IR2113S
while developing the new circuit! That is an amazing result!

Walter 2000-10-10 06:55:44 UTC H-Bridge driver chip Mariss Freimanis 2000-10-10 08:40:16 UTC Re: H-Bridge driver chip Jon Elson 2000-10-10 12:25:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] H-Bridge driver chip