CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EZTrak spindle sense

stratton@... wrote:

> I'm preparing to fit an auxialary air spindle to the Bridgeport EZTrak
>
> DX cnc mill, and need to figure out a way to make the control run with
>
> the main spindle turned off. After looking over the circuit diagrams,
>
> it seems it would be a simple matter to add a switch in parallel with
> the contacts on the spindle forward/reverse relays which signal the
> computer that the spindle is running. I'll probably make this same
> switch activate a solenoid valve to turn on the air to the high speed
> spindle.
>
> My question: anyone done this? Anyone come up with another method,
> that perhaps doesn't require drilling holes in the electronics
> enclosure to run new wires?

If you only use one 'flavor' of coolant, (ie. mist or flood) you might
be able to use
the relay that controls the other for the air spindle.

stratton@m... 2000-10-10 07:27:05 UTC EZTrak spindle sense Darrell 2000-10-10 08:25:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EZTrak spindle sense Jon Elson 2000-10-10 12:32:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EZTrak spindle sense