CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Amen to prototype PC boards, was DRO BOARDS ARE IN

> _________________
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 06:37:00 -0700
> From: "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@...>
> Subject: Re: DRO BOARDS ARE IN
>
> Amen, Amen on "or a prototype (pcb board) which will be
> hacked on until it
> works" :)
> I have been making my own pc boards for about 6 years now. I
> have tried all
> the other methods and still like the presensitized postive method for
> making printed circuit boards. However it is hard to get rid of the
> chemicals for ethching in an enviormentaly correct manner.
> Therefore, I have
> been playing with routing the traces.
<snip>

Over the years I've tried all the aforementioned methods...and tried to
deal with the chemicals. I now use service bureaus that can receive the
PCB layouts via modem and return prototype boards.

One such place is ExpressPCB <http://www.expresspcb.com>. They even
supply the software. Just go to their web site, download the software,
design the board, hit the send button, and it uploads the design to
them. A couple days later the prototype arrives in the mail.

No fuss, no muss.

Discussion Thread

rmcilvaine@x... 1999-07-02 04:31:07 UTC Re: Amen to prototype PC boards, was DRO BOARDS ARE IN Dan Mauch 1999-07-02 06:27:47 UTC Re: Amen to prototype PC boards, was DRO BOARDS ARE IN