CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Casting clearance WAS Re: sherline Ballscrews (Yes, you CAN!) But I wouldn't.

Posted by Anne Ogborn
on 2000-10-11 14:58:14 UTC
Rick Dulas wrote:

> Howdy! The teflon tape sounds like a good plan. But if you wanted
> something that melted out, what about wax? You can make a thin sheet by
> pouring melted wax onto a piece of glass. Then use it like you would the
> Teflon tape. If you can find a jeweler that does lost wax casting,
> he/she probably will have wax sheets in several thickness' and
> densities. {remember the essence of brainstorming is coming up with
> ideas, not necessarily GOOD ideas} <G>

]

If you decide to do this, I've got the wax and routinely pour it.
I could try making a "thin sheet", but my experience is that
the wax is too viscous as a liquid to do this well.

You're better off just shooting it with something a la mold release,
or even melting some wax and brushing it on.

Discussion Thread

Anne Ogborn 2000-10-11 14:58:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Casting clearance WAS Re: sherline Ballscrews (Yes, you CAN!) But I wouldn't.