CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Lathe CNC Retrofit

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-07-03 19:48:46 UTC

I did put ball screws on my machine, but I would not consider it mandatory
to get started. I originally set up my machine using the acme lead screws
and it worked fine. If you make sure the steppers can handle the load and
your lead screws are in good shape without too much backlash you can just
mount up some steppers and give it a go.

Discussion Thread

Bob Bachman 1999-07-03 21:23:26 UTC Lathe CNC Retrofit Tim Goldstein 1999-07-03 19:48:46 UTC Re: Lathe CNC Retrofit