CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: The old FCC thing

Posted by George Potter
on 2000-10-16 16:50:40 UTC
> . 2000 23:34:29 -0000
> From: "Mariss Freimanis" <geckohall@...>
> Subject: Re: FCC Part 15
>
> Hi,
>
> There is also an exemption for industrial electronics. Otherwise no
> switching type step or servomotor drive would ever pass, let alone an
> EDM machine.
>
> Mariss

The real fun part is FCC Part 18 .... which covers industrial things such as
induction heaters, etc.

It specifically excludes certain frequencies that you can't emit on, and for the
most part then provides limits of specific signal strengths 1000's of feet away
from the equipment.

When I started contemplating an induction furnace (still planning but leaning
towards 25 KW or so), Part 15 had me very worried ..... as I couldn't see
how one could be built and pass Part 15. Then I discovered Part 18 .....
this lets you get away with murder.

Regards,
George Potter

Discussion Thread

George Potter 2000-10-16 16:50:40 UTC Re: The old FCC thing