CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] LED extension using plastic "light pipe"

Posted by Anne Ogborn
on 2000-10-16 23:34:40 UTC
Doug Fortune wrote:

> Dan Mauch wrote Mon, 16 Oct 2000:
>
> > I put together a 4 axis servo system using the Gecko 320 servo amps. One of
> > the features with the G320 is that the fault LED is inside the case. When
> > installed in a enclosure the fault lights are not viewable.
>
> Have you thought of using a plastic "light pipe"? Maybe drill 1/8"
> hole in aluminum cover, and epoxy 3" to 12" clear 1/8" od flexible plastic
> rod from (touching the LED) driver to the exterior of your enclosure.
> I've done this before, and it works great. Don't ask me where to
> find more of that plastic, but I expect any clear plastic will do.

Yep, to extend an LED pretty much any piece of lucite rod will do.
TAP plastics or Plastruct rod I've used both.

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2000-10-16 22:39:10 UTC LED extension using plastic "light pipe" Anne Ogborn 2000-10-16 23:34:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] LED extension using plastic "light pipe"