CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Programing a DRO

Posted by blinda@t...
on 1999-07-06 23:36:33 UTC
Randolph

You asked if there are are any more Mac CNC users out there. I've had
some luck integrating my Macs to this job. I use an old Mac II to send
blocks of cutting information (g and m codes) to my CNC mill - a Lagun
mill, Bridgeport head and Superior electric controls (does anyone else
have one of these?). I use a newer Mac to create the paths via turboCad
(because I can afford it and it produces a dxf file). I wrote a program
to read the dxf file and produce the m and g codes for my machine. The
program is simple minded but works pretty well for my purposes. I had
planned to make several improvements before offering it for use by others
but I'm not not optimistic I'll do that now. If you or anyone else on
the list are interested I can make it available. BTW the program rounds
the x, y, and z moves to the nearest .001" and removes the decimal point
because my mill only accepts integers. Looking at your sample progam, it
looks like your needs are much more sophisticated than my program would
provide.

- Bob -

........Much stuff cut ......

>I do my cad work in Ashlar's Velum Solids 99
>http://WWW.ashlar.com/Products/Solids/solids.html
>And I can output files in almost any format from .sat to .stl to .dwg
>to .igs etc etc...
>and while the web seems to have lots of converters from say .dwg or
>.dxf to things like g code (though in Wintel formats which means I
>have to run under SoftPC on the Mac to use them (BTW Any other Mac
>users on the list attempting to do CNC with a Mac?{short of shelling
>out the big bucks for Gibbs Cam software}) I have not found anything
>for converting a CAD file into the Programing language the Heidenhain
>used in it's DRO... Since this seems to be the same language used in
>their TNC series of CNC controls I was wondering if the experts here
>had any tips for me...

........Much stuff cut ......

>Here is a Sample of a simple program to mill 3 slots for My
>Heidenhain Positip 855.
>
>0 BEGIN PGM 30 MM |Start of pgm,pgm #, unit of measurement
>
>1 Z+20.000 |Clearance height
>
>2 X+20.000 R0 |X cord of Recess point slot#1(radius comp off)
>3 Y+10.000 R0 |Y cord of Recess point slot#1
>
>4 CALL LBL 1 |call subpgm #1, (execute blocks 12 to 16)

........Much stuff cut ......

Randolph Lee 1999-07-06 09:58:25 UTC Re: Programing a DRO blinda@t... 1999-07-06 23:36:33 UTC Re: Programing a DRO