CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [sherline] Where have all the messages gone???

on 2000-10-24 11:11:28 UTC
Robert,

I'll reply. Actually, I've got a question for both lists.

Was there someone recently looking for a REAL SIMPLE control program to
JOG an axis? Yesterday I wrote a simple 'C' program to jog an an axis.
Runs MAXNC - style 4-phase drivers, which are easy to build, not much
more then 4 TIP120 transistors, an IC, and 9 resistors per channel.
Could make it run step/dir as well.

I needed it to be able to position my new Sherline rotary table, while
I'm using the MAXNC to drive the other 3 axis. Of course, if the 'Y'
axis is not needed, then it can be controlled by it, but sometimes I
want to just move the rotary table, to access a new quadrant (hextant?)
of a part.

For example, I have a flywheel design (actually, Rudy's design), and
it's too big for my old Sherline mill table. So I can cut it in 6
individual sections, using the table to access them. At least that's
how I think it will work!

Anyway, I am thinking that I need to command degrees or inches, and
access any of the three X,Y,Z axis (A,B,C??). I will only be driving
one axis at a time, so no ARC's! Backlash and acceleration to be
added. Eventually, the program could go on a small hand held computer,
with 2 or 4-line display. Any comments?

Alan

Robert Hudon wrote:

> I noticed that according to E-group there were NO messages posted to
> Sherline's e-group since Saturday the 21st...yeah! right.
>
> This has happened before and some e-mail was delayed for 2 to 5 days.
>
> Where's the problem?
>
> Anyone reading this can reply to the group. Let's see if I get it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert Hudon
> Davie, Florida

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-10-24 11:11:28 UTC Re: [sherline] Where have all the messages gone???