CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Final leadscrew design - thanks to all

Posted by r_fl_z@h...
on 2000-10-26 19:14:11 UTC
Peter:

You're right. Dunno what I was thinkin to miss the common surface on
both races of the bearing....doh! Also known as: "hey, what's that
squealing sound ?!?"

Thanks, Ron

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, ptengin@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 10/26/00 2:27:01 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
> r_fl_z@h... writes:
>
> <<
> I've uploaded a Final Design file detailing, what else, but the
final
> design.
>
> This one is easily built, requiring only a through hole in the
> support plate. The bearing retainer plate and fasteners react the
> entire thrust load, clampup is achieved without applying thrust
loads
> to the bearings, and only one spacer is required for a FIXED
> installation (no spacer needed for a RIGID).
>
> Much appreciation to the experts who helped.
>
> Ron >>
>
> Ron,
>

> This one will not work. Realize that nothing should drag or have
rubbing
> action in your setup. It looks like you are missing the fact that
they do not
> use standard ball bearings, they use angular contact ball bearings
that ARE
> designed to take a thrust load. Standard ball bearings will work
also but at
> a much lower rating or life span. Make your retainer plate on the
right side
> bear only against the OD ring of the ball bearing. The housing
should have a
> ring or a lip on the left side to retain the bearings also. Make
you retainer
> nut bear only against the id ring of the bearings and it will work.
Study the
> picture in the PDF file again carefully.
>
> Have fun.
>
> Peter
> THRD, Inc.

Discussion Thread

r_fl_z@h... 2000-10-26 17:25:22 UTC Final leadscrew design - thanks to all ptengin@a... 2000-10-26 18:51:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Final leadscrew design - thanks to all r_fl_z@h... 2000-10-26 19:14:11 UTC Re: Final leadscrew design - thanks to all