CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: G code software(camsoft)

Posted by ptengin@a...
on 2000-10-27 02:06:25 UTC
In a message dated 10/26/00 8:40:19 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
ballendo@... writes:

<< Peter,

What price is a 3 axis "CNC lite"?
Whose motion card does it use? Eisa? PCI?

The "teaching CNC version" looks like good marketing. Sorta like all
the "free" apple computers in schools :-)

Ballendo

P.S. If you could put some space between the URL and the rest of the
html (as shown below), We won't have to cut and paste to try your
links.

>I'm not connected to these guys, did buy a CNC lite package and am
>playing with it.

Ballendo,
The stuff ain't cheap. I think it was $3500 for the card, the cable, the
breakout box and the software. I think I should have looked at Ahha more but
it's water under the bridge now. As you may have guessed, I'm more of a
machine shop operator/hacker than a software developer/hacker ;-) As I
posted a few messages ago, they use a Galil card. The break-out box is
nicely done, to bad there are about 100 connections to it rather than the 10
to 20 for a stepper based system.....

The software on my FB-2, the Microkinetics stuff, is clunky but workable.
It does generate a lot of cash for me. The hardware is hopelessly "light
duty" for commercial use. Of course I never really intended to go this way
but now that I have, I decided to build up a RF-45 "right" to do my
commercial stuff and relegate my fb-2 to play. Hence the "pull out the stops"
attitude when buying the CAMSOFT package. Otherwise, I would have gone to EMC
or CNCPRO. If the Rf-45 project goes well, I have another series 1 machine
sitting in the corner, ballscrews and all that I will rebuild and fit up
with Camsoft or something.

Peter
THRD, Inc.

Discussion Thread