CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: re:Final leadscrew design - thanks to all (not yet?!?!)

Posted by r_fl_z@h...
on 2000-10-27 02:18:28 UTC
Hugh:

Thanks for attempting to set me straight. I inadvertently uploaded
the wrong drawing for my final design, and therefore had to suffer
some corrections offered by helpful folks. The corret dwg is now in
place in the Files section.

I decided to follow the advice given earlier by Ballendo to simplify
the design to a FIXED mount instead of the previously detailed RIGID
mount. The comments on the preload and the grinding of the bearing
pair to a matched set was a little beyond me. The final FIXED mount
will require simple shimming under the lead nut, at most, to remove
any play, per the Ballendo directions early on, and no step in the
bore. This seems like a good way for me to proceed since my screw
does not operate near the critical speed, and my production skills
for this first machine are not sophistocated.

I have deleted all preliminary layouts from the Files section.

Thanks all,

Ron

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-10-26 20:21:05 UTC re:Final leadscrew design - thanks to all (not yet?!?!) Hugh Currin 2000-10-26 22:00:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Final leadscrew design - thanks to all (not yet?!?!) wanliker@a... 2000-10-26 22:34:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Final leadscrew design - thanks to all (not yet?!?!) ptengin@a... 2000-10-27 01:49:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Final leadscrew design - thanks to all (not yet?!?!) r_fl_z@h... 2000-10-27 02:18:28 UTC Re: re:Final leadscrew design - thanks to all (not yet?!?!) ballendo@y... 2000-10-27 02:29:03 UTC Re: re:Final leadscrew design - thanks to all (not yet?!?!)