CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digest Number 828

Posted by Wally K
on 2000-10-31 01:04:28 UTC
Hi Cris:

EDM has been talked about a little but i have not seen any serious
discussions. Most people like myself are trying to get there CNC
mills going. I am also interisted in building EDM's. Did you get
your plans on the net or did you buy them. If you got the plans on
the net please post the URL.

Wally K.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Christopher Hyde <chyde@a...>
wrote:
> I am new to this list and have found most of the discussions to be
of great interest since one day I would like to have made a cnc type
retrofit to my mill.
> However, my current interest is in EDM which doesn't seem to be a
topic at present,
> has this area already been exhausted?
>
> I am currently building the HSM Robert Langlois version of a spark
erosion m/c and would dearly love to hear from anyone that has
improved upon this design. In particular, in relation to the type of
capacitors used (I'm using conventional electros but feel paper would
be better if available) and also in relation to the
> use of fast switching (using power MOSFETS) to improve performance
and reduce the capacitance values required.

> Chris Hyde,
> Melbourne, Australia

Discussion Thread

Christopher Hyde 2000-10-31 00:10:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 828 Wally K 2000-10-31 01:04:28 UTC Re: Digest Number 828 Ian Wright 2000-10-31 03:47:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Digest Number 828