CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re[1]: Safety/Reliability

"Terry L. Ridder" wrote:

> tell you what, when you have the desire to have a serious
> discussion concerning rtlinux let me know. my convictions
> concerning safety are not on trial here. if you do not
> agree them that is fine, but do not attack them or me.

Well, the only thing I've poked into is the RT patches 0.9J
for the 2.0.36 kernel. It is definitely primitive, but enough to
get EMC running (and running well, in my opinion).

> jon>
> jon> I'm not belittling your injury in any way, and I would strongly
> jon> recommend anyone who wants to hook EMC up to a large
> jon> machine (perhaps anything larger than a Bridgeport Series I)
> jon> should perform VERY intensive testing of all hardware and
> jon> software in the system. Software could be tested on a desktop
> jon> machine for any combinations of operations that could
> jon> cause unintended movements.
> jon>
>
> forgive me, but you are belittling both the injury and me
> by the tone of your replies.

Well, I thought you were sizing up a job of multiple CNC conversions.
Perhaps I have people mixed up, here. I was just trying to point out
that I (and a few others) have found out what DOES work, and reliably
enough that I'm pretty confident there are no glaring software bugs
that will cause massive crashes. This IS a CAD_CAM_CNC list,
here.

Jon Elson 2000-11-03 23:04:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re[1]: Safety/Reliability