CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

ONE2032C controller WAS Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] anybody using this controller

Posted by Rick Dulas
on 2000-11-05 10:48:00 UTC
Howdy! I've got one of these to play with as I was/am learning about steppers/controls etc. I use an old PC power supply to power it
and use floppy disk steppers to mimic the (hoped for) behavior of the big motors on my Bridgeport. It has the facility to use a
separate power supply for the motors, but I'm leary about smokin' the board.

Rick Dulas

BTW Speaking of magic smoke, I fried a 6 amp full-wave bridge the other day and was stunned at the amount of smoke it contained. My
400 square foot shop had a 2 foot thick overcast by the time it was done. I watched from the doorway. <G> When it started emitting,
I started moving. Probably not toxic smoke, but a strange green color nonetheless.

Area51tats@... wrote:

> <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=484150491">
> eBay item 484150491 (Ends Nov-03-00 21:07:43 PST) - 3 Axis Stepper Motor
> Driver CNC XY Table L@@K</A>
> I just won this on ebay and I am wonder if anybody out there is using one of
> these controller boards. There is gonna be a flood of questions about this
> but it should be interesting. Thanks
>
> Gerald

Rick Dulas 2000-11-05 10:48:00 UTC ONE2032C controller WAS Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] anybody using this controller