CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: wire edm info ( was Safety/Reliability )

Posted by Richard
on 2000-11-06 02:31:55 UTC
Ian,Maybe you already know about this. In the last issue of HSM
Robert Langlois talks about the wire EDM he is about to show, and
also will discuss the modulator circuits he mentioned way back!
Richard

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Ian Wright" <Ian@i...> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Yes, I got the same impression when I watched wire EDMs but I
suspect they
> must have various 'failsafes' built in to take care of the times
when the
> wire shorts to the work as could concievably happen if the
workpiece was of
> varying thickness or just through bad programming, and for the
times when a
> wire feed jam or breakage occurs. Perhaps such safeguards aren't
necessary
> and I'm being unduly pessimistic (something I'm quite good at!), I
don't
> know. In any case, there must be some way of giving proportionate
weight to
> the axes from the feedback current - i.e. if the 'X' axis is moving
at twich
> the rate of the 'Y' axis a reduction in the feedback current will
have to
> have twice the effect on it if the cut direction is to be
maintained. I'm
> not a software person and this is well outside my abilities but I'm
sure
> there are people out there who could make it all clear and make
helpful
> suggestions which would allow the growing number of us who would
like to
> build wire EDMs to achieve our goal.
>
> Ian
> --
> Ian W. Wright
> Sheffield UK
> www.iw63.freeserve.co.uk

Discussion Thread

Ian Wright 2000-11-05 08:22:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re[1]: wire edm info ( was Safety/Reliability ) ptengin@a... 2000-11-05 13:20:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re[1]: wire edm info ( was Safety/Reliability ) Ian Wright 2000-11-05 15:57:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re[1]: wire edm info ( was Safety/Reliability ) dave engvall 2000-11-05 16:50:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re[1]: wire edm info ( was Safety/Reliability ) Richard 2000-11-06 02:31:55 UTC Re: wire edm info ( was Safety/Reliability ) Ian Wright 2000-11-06 15:09:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: wire edm info ( was Safety/Reliability )