CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Timing belt pulleys -- manufacture

on 2000-11-11 14:40:24 UTC
wanliker@... wrote:

> All the links supplied that I have followed give the dimensions of the belts
> and pulleys, but not the formulas for designing the pulleys.
> I am not enough of a math person, but that know that the formulas that we are
> looking for will have terms like:
> sin of angles, tan of angles, radius, diameters, OD, PD depth of tooth, tooth
> width.

Once again: Go to the York Industries site:

http://www.york-ind.com/EngineerSpecPgs5.html#SpecificationsForDrives

Everything that is needed is there. I don't think anyone is
really going to spoon feed anyone on this. Sines and Cosines,
Tangents etc. can be looked up if needed although I don't see
why. Once a cutter has been designed for the rack form as shown
on the York site, the gear can be cut. All the specifications
for pulley width, with or without flanges are there too. The
tooth depth is listed for each type. So are the diameters and
the PD is just the diameter plus the 2a dimension. I think John
Stevenson stated this in a previous posting.

As I stated in my very first reply to the question, I am not sure
what more is needed. Seems to me that a 4 function calculator
can do the math. Further, I can see no reason to produce these
at home. My local Bearings Engineering supply has about any
combination I can imagine would be useful in any application
discussed here. I guess I'm missing the point somewhere, please
inform.....

JerryK

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2000-11-11 03:44:03 UTC Timing belt pulleys -- manufacture Smoke 2000-11-11 09:05:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Timing belt pulleys -- manufacture machines@n... 2000-11-11 09:54:51 UTC Re: Timing belt pulleys -- manufacture wanliker@a... 2000-11-11 13:07:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Timing belt pulleys -- manufacture Jerry Kimberlin 2000-11-11 14:40:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Timing belt pulleys -- manufacture wanliker@a... 2000-11-11 16:34:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Timing belt pulleys -- manufacture