CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: thermite cutting torch info (was Lead screw twist...)

Posted by Wally K
on 2000-11-12 15:31:14 UTC
Good post on thermite cutting Terry.

Also i see others are interisted in your metal melting furnace. If
you do not publish details of your furnace on the list, could you CC
me on the emails about its construction.

Thank you;
Wally K.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Terry L. Ridder" <terrylr@b...>
wrote:
> hello;
>
> i received several request for more information
> concerning the cutting torch so i am posting the
> information to the list.
>
> broco makes the one i use.
>
> i would strongly suggest that anyone who is
> considering purchasing one of these also purchase
> some kevlar foundry gloves, apron, and the darkest
> welding lenses you can find. a full face shield
> with a infrared reflective coating is also
> highly recommended. i would also recommend thick
> leather sole boots. these torches will cause 3rd
> degree burns in seconds. the torch comes in handy
> when scrouging in a scrap yard for metal. instead
> of paying the scrap yard an arm and a leg to cut
> the scrap this torch makes short work of any cutting.
>
> for me it is easier to haul just one oxygen cylinder,
> a motorcyle battery, the torch handle, and rods, than
> hauling an oxygen and acetylene cylinder, twin hose,
> cutting torch handle and several cutting tips.
>
> the temperature at the tip is approximately 10,000
> degrees fahrenheit. i have yet to find a material
> it cannot cut or pierce.
>
> http://www.brocoinc.com/primecut/index.html
>
> On Sun, 12 Nov 2000, Smoke wrote:
>
> smoke>
> smoke> Terry,
> <snip>
> smoke>
> smoke> Might like to learn more aboout that thermite torch too.
> smoke>
>
> --
> Terry L. Ridder
> Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)
> "We do not write software, we compose it."
>
> digging deep, i feel my conscience burn
> i need to know who and what i am
> this hunger jolts me from complacency
> rocks me, makes me meet myself
> ----kendall payne---closer to myself---

Discussion Thread

ptengin@a... 2000-11-12 11:10:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] thermite cutting torch info (was Lead screw twist...) ptengin@a... 2000-11-12 11:14:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] thermite cutting torch info (was Lead screw twist...) Mark Peugeot 2000-11-12 15:14:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] thermite cutting torch info (was Lead screw twist...) Wally K 2000-11-12 15:31:14 UTC Re: thermite cutting torch info (was Lead screw twist...) Jeff Demand 2000-11-12 16:08:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: thermite cutting torch info (was Lead screw twist...)