CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Home-made Digitizing Probe

Posted by Wally K
on 2000-11-13 20:07:11 UTC
Hi Carl. I do not know anything about the probe.....But if you have
to make contact with the piece you want to measure, wouldn't the
probe tip ware out rather quickly.

Wally K.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, carl@l... wrote:
> Looking through a junk drawer of computer parts I located an old
> Wacom drawing tablet that I no longer use. It has a pen which
> supploedly has a pressure sensitive tip and the docs indicate it
can
> also measure "tilt". I found several pieces of demo code on the
> Wacom web page, and the source for the Linux drivers.
>
> Before I spend tons of time playing with this thing...
>
> Anyone else ever hacked a Wacom pen?
> Has anyone else ever attempted a home-made digitizing probe?
> Any thoughts?
> If I wrote the software and got one of these things working, would
> anyone else be interested?

Discussion Thread

carl@l... 2000-11-13 08:22:08 UTC Home-made Digitizing Probe Anne Ogborn 2000-11-13 14:57:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Home-made Digitizing Probe Wally K 2000-11-13 20:07:11 UTC Re: Home-made Digitizing Probe