CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com re: choice of steppers

on 2000-11-15 08:30:06 UTC
Hi,

Bill, check the motor's name plate rating again. 12 to 300 volts
makes no sense at all. The voltage rating will be between 2 to 3
volts.

Also when using a microstep drive, set the current to the unipolar
rating (6.7A in this case). DO NOT use the bipolar value (1.41 times
unipolar). The iron will saturate and the motion will be rough at low
speeds.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, BillDarby <ddarby@s...> wrote:
> I was considering a pair of these Sanyo Denki steppers to go with
the Gecko G201 stepper drivers because of the price
> ($99ea)and power but I just now noted that the voltage rating for
these is 12 to 300 volts (as per the actual motor
> label)
>
> Now it is my understanding that the G201s max out at 80 volts and
also that it is recommended to run the stepper at
> something like 20/25 times rated voltage.
>
> Am I right in concluding that these would be a poor choice for use
with the G201??

> Bill Darby
>

> Sanyo Denki Step-Syn Universal Stepper Motor
>
> These Hybrid Stepper Motors have four Independent Windings with
eight Leads that can be used in both Unipolar and
> Bipolar Configuration. By Paralleling or connecting the Windings in
Series the User can create either a Unipolar or
> Bipolar Motor.
>
> Rating for Unipolar Full Step mode
> Holding Torque=486 oz/inch (35Kg/cm)
> Rotor Inertia=21.5oz/inch^2 (1.55Kg/cm^2)
> Winding Inductance=2mh
>
> Bipolar will give You more Torque
> Bipolar-Parallel will give you good High Speed Torque
> Bipolar-Series will give you better Low speed Torque
> As a general Rule the allowable Current through each Winding is:
> For Bipolar- Series 6.7A x 0.707=4.74A
> For Bipolar- Parallel 6.7A x 1.414=9.47A
> were 6.7A is the Unipolar Rating

Discussion Thread

BillDarby 2000-11-15 06:39:56 UTC CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com re: choice of steppers Mariss Freimanis 2000-11-15 08:30:06 UTC Re: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com re: choice of steppers