CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package

Posted by Wally K
on 2000-11-17 01:47:22 UTC
Wally K. replys;

I think you have a good idea but i would go about it in a different
way. At the following link are many CAD programs being written for
linux.

http://www.linuxapps.com/?page=category&category=cad3d

It may be easyer to aproach some of these people to see if they will
incorporate our ideas in there programs.

Hard to say what list the discusion should be on. It might depend on
what list has programmers that are willing to help.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, terrylr@b... wrote:
> hello;
>
> this is being sent to multiple lists because
> of the nature of the posting, so please bear
> with me.
>
> after spend several hours tonight/early morning
> searching for an opensource cad/cam package for
> linux it has become clear that there is not one.
>
> the purpose of this e-mail is basically two-fold.
> 1. begin an open discussion as to what features
> should an opensource cad/cam package/program
> have. the goal being to draft a design specifcation
> that most everyone could live with for the first
> cut.
> 2. should this discussion take place on the two
> mailing lists, emc & cad_cam_edm_dro, or be
> moved to a new separate mailing list. if it
> is decided to have a new separate list i would
> host it off of one of my computers here.
>
> just so everyone understands, by opensource, i mean
> released under the gnu general public license.
>
> --
> Terry L. Ridder
> Blue Danube Artistic Forge (Blaue Donau Kunstschmiede)
> "We do not bend metal, we sculpt it."
>
> digging deep, i feel my conscience burn
> i need to know who and what i am
> this hunger jolts me from complacency
> rocks me, makes me meet myself
> ----kendall payne---closer to myself---

Discussion Thread

Wally K 2000-11-17 01:47:22 UTC Re: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package Jeff Barlow 2000-11-18 16:25:48 UTC Re: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package Rab Gordon 2000-11-20 15:00:29 UTC Re: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package