CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] emc error message

dave engvall wrote:

> Hi group.
>
> Made some progress in installing rtlinux. Still
> the only test I can make run is fifo (frank).
> Went on anyway and installed emc sep 2000 09J.
>
> Configured it with Tkemc.. Screen comes up nicely.
> Mouse is live and I can get the border around the
> axis number to change.
> Using the mouse to get out of E-stop or to turn
> on the machine, jog, home, etc. gives me
>
> command nnn cannot be executed until the machine
> is out of E-stop and turned on.

YES! This is good news! You are nearly THERE!

You need to get the external e-stop sense signal set up
so that EMC reads this as OK. Using the function keys,
hitting F1 is supposed to get you out of e-stop, and then
F2 goes to the machine on state. If the external sense
signal is sensing a continuing e-stop condition, these
won't work. The easiest thing is to change the polarity
sense of the e-stop signal (a name something like
E_STOP_POLARITY) in the .INI file to be the opposite.

The other way is to figure out which parallel port or
Servo-to-Go card pin is the E-stop sense input, and
connect it to +5V or ground as needed to switch the
sensing of that signal to the opposite state.
On my system (servos with the STG-I card), it is pin
13 of the DB-25 parallel port connector. This pin must
be pulled to ground to permit the system to come out
of E-stop. See the drawing on
http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/EMC.html
for more details. For stepper systems this will be
different, but the idea is the same.

dave engvall 2000-11-17 08:51:06 UTC emc error message Jon Elson 2000-11-17 11:38:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] emc error message Paul Corner 2000-11-18 06:16:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] emc error message dave engvall 2000-11-18 09:16:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] emc error message Ray 2000-11-18 21:25:45 UTC Re: Re: emc error message dave engvall 2000-11-19 08:34:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: emc error message