CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re[10]: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package

> "Terry L. Ridder" wrote:
> >
> > hello;
> >
> > it would be nice if the 3d-graphics artists
> > and the cnc world would use the same terms. <big grin>
> >
> > roll, pitch, yaw are used in the 3d-graphics art
> > world. i have written programs for my daughter and
> > to her a camera/object rolls, pitches, or yaws.
> >
> > before i go off assuming the wrong idea
> > does roll == a, pitch == b, and yaw == c?

Well, it depends on where you are standing. But, for
a Bridgeport type machine, where the X axis translates
left to right, and the Y is front-back and Z is up-down,
then A== pitch, B== roll, and C==yaw, assuming you
are standing in front of the machine so that the X does
move left and right from your perspective. Don't ask
me about the signs, though! It gets complicated, as the
motions of the machine are measured FROM the parts
perspective!

Jon Elson 2000-11-20 14:50:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re[10]: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-20 15:59:40 UTC Re[10]: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package