CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re[10]: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package

on 2000-11-20 15:59:40 UTC
Jon,

I guess I'm still getting the axis confused. Isn't A rotation around
the X axis? And B around the Y axis, and C around the Z axis? Which
way is the plane flying?

Alan (probably flyin' inverted) No Scottie, we can't loop the boat!

Jon Elson wrote:

> > "Terry L. Ridder" wrote:
> > >
> > > hello;
> > >
> > > it would be nice if the 3d-graphics artists
> > > and the cnc world would use the same terms. <big grin>
> > >
> > > roll, pitch, yaw are used in the 3d-graphics art
> > > world. i have written programs for my daughter and
> > > to her a camera/object rolls, pitches, or yaws.
> > >
> > > before i go off assuming the wrong idea
> > > does roll == a, pitch == b, and yaw == c?
>
> Well, it depends on where you are standing. But, for
> a Bridgeport type machine, where the X axis translates
> left to right, and the Y is front-back and Z is up-down,
> then A== pitch, B== roll, and C==yaw, assuming you
> are standing in front of the machine so that the X does
> move left and right from your perspective. Don't ask
> me about the signs, though! It gets complicated, as the
> motions of the machine are measured FROM the parts
> perspective!
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

Jon Elson 2000-11-20 14:50:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re[10]: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-20 15:59:40 UTC Re[10]: emc really needs a copyleft cad/cam package