CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lindsay's DRO software

on 2000-11-21 11:59:05 UTC
I have and am using Steve's software and like it very much.

However, beware, there are two versions. The original DRO40.exe and the
DRO40A.exe version. The A version changes the control register for the
parallel port so the program will run. In my case, all the units that I
have tried it on require the A version to run. I have it running on a 486
DX 100 in my shop and all the other units I have tried to run it on, are
Pentium class machines. I designed my own interface and the details are on
my web page at http://members.surfsouth.com/~axtein/dro I also have the
files in .pdf format and if you will contact me, I will be more than happy
to send them to you.

Art

At 12:56 PM 11/21/00, you wrote:
> >From: Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@...>
> >Subject: Re: More homebrew DRO information
>
> >Thanks for mentioning it. I downloaded it back in July, and I have the
> >files. Funny can't get anything out of the zip I just download, nor the
> >.CPP file. I didn't use a buffer (his transistors) to drive LPT or
> >Joystick interface lines, probably should have. Are you using the
> >interface & software?
>
> > Alan
>
>I have not tried to download this software recently, but have done so in the
>past. I have installed it on a few old PC's.
>Real old ones, 286's, original AT's, to test the software portion . I did
>experience the software not working on DOS version 2.1, while it did work on
>version 3.X, and other more recent versions. I have the Kulaga/Mauch board
>working now, and plan on using the simpler Lindsay version as I get more
>machined DRO equipped, with the old PC's.
>Does anybody else have problems with downlaoding the software?
>
>http://www.nyx.net/%7eslindsay/dro.html
>

>Brad Heuver
>

>Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the
>discussion of shop built systems, for CAD, CAM, EDM, and DRO.
>
>Addresses:
>Post message: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com
>Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@egroups.com
>Moderator: jmelson@... [Moderator]
>URL to this page: http://www.egroups.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
>bill,
>List Manager

OLDER THAN DIRT

Country Bubba

(Actually the inventor of Country and Bubba)

axtein@...

Heuver, Brad (B.R.) 2000-11-21 09:56:07 UTC Lindsay's DRO software Wally K 2000-11-21 10:49:49 UTC Re: Lindsay's DRO software A. G. Eckstein 2000-11-21 11:59:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lindsay's DRO software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-21 12:58:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lindsay's DRO software Garry and Maxine 2000-12-15 16:27:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Lindsay's DRO software