CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper motor question

STAN MCDONALD wrote:

> Hello list.
> .
> I am looking for an electronic circuit that will allow me to read a
> voltage and then based on that voltage drive a motor in one direction to
> raise a load or the other to lower a load. Or leave the motor alone if
> the voltage is with in the range. I was told of a window compactor and I
> see how it would work . A window comparitor was posted in the
> cad-cam-dro files section and I did save it here someplace but it was
> using a standard motor which will not work for this application because
> a standard motor will not stop instantly and is not made to be turned
> off and on several times a min and thus a stepper motor would be a
> better choice.

What you describe is called a servo amplifier. They are used on numeric
controlled motion systems for all sorts of uses. Servo motors are
designed for this sort of use, moving at low speeds and holding against
loads, even while stationary.

STAN MCDONALD 2000-11-24 23:00:26 UTC stepper motor question Tim Goldstein 2000-11-24 23:15:20 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper motor question STAN MCDONALD 2000-11-24 23:30:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper motor question Tim Goldstein 2000-11-25 09:54:39 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper motor question Mariss Freimanis 2000-11-25 19:21:00 UTC Re: stepper motor question Jon Elson 2000-11-25 20:07:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepper motor question