CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Speeds & feeds or Get Rich Quick

Posted by Marcus & Eva
on 2000-11-27 08:04:49 UTC
Hi again, Wally:
Just cook up a spreadsheet for yourself in Excel or Lotus.
I did, and then I went back to the cardboard version.
The reason?: I found I was wasting tons of time booting up, loading the
application, jerking around with it etc, etc.
Takes 5 seconds with the cardboard version, and it will never lock up, or
crap out.
Best of all: it's free!!

Cheers

Marcus
-----Original Message-----
From: Wally K <cnc4me@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Date: Monday, November 27, 2000 6:52 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Speeds & feeds or Get Rich Quick

>The thread on cutting speeds and speeds reminded me of an idea i had
>about 6 months ago.
>
>Thinking about my CNC project i was wondering were i would get my
>speed and feed info. It came to me that a desktop computer or hand
>held device could be programmed with this info and sold to machine
>shops.
>
>So to give it the smell test i ran it by a friend that owns a machine
>shop and a friend who works in a shop. Neither one thought it was a
>good idea. They used the cardboard speed feed calculators that are
>given away by cutting tool manufactures.
>
>I still like the idea of this info in a computer especally since i
>will have to have one on the CNC mill.
>
>Has any one seen a program like this.
>

>Wally K.

Discussion Thread

Wally K 2000-11-27 06:50:57 UTC Speeds & feeds or Get Rich Quick Marcus & Eva 2000-11-27 08:04:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Speeds & feeds or Get Rich Quick Smoke 2000-11-27 09:44:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Speeds & feeds or Get Rich Quick Ray 2000-11-27 13:28:24 UTC Re: Speeds & feeds or Get Rich Quick