CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Bigger then a Sherline WAS: wrong guy, but have servo question.

on 2000-11-28 10:54:11 UTC
Sounds interesting!

I'd like to hear more about a "little bit bigger" mill! Not too big
please, I'd like to be able to move it! Probably want to buy "parts",
as I have no large machine to make parts with!

Alan KM6VV

PS, DIY?

Smoke wrote:

> Yes, Marcus, one of us has! I've got one already designed in several
> versions. One version will be, as someone else once mentioned.."bigger than
> a Sherline, but smaller than a Bridgeport. It can be built by the
> HSM.....those of us DIY'ers who "like to tinker" or (eventually) it can be
> built from a kit or purchased fully assembled.
>
> The machine may also be built in a larger scale...big as a Bridgeport if
> desired.
>
> The machine will also do things a Bridgeport or a Hass couldn't begin to do.
>
> BTW...in case you haven't noticed...some of these "tinkerers" don't happen
> to have 20 to 30 thousand bucks burning a hole in their pockets, enabling
> them to run out and buy a brand new machine.
>
> >Has anyone of you out there considered building a decent machine base to
> >take all this incredible effort on the CNC guts?
> >Even if you farm out all of the milling and surface grinding, I bet you
> >could come up with a pretty decent machine base for less than the cost of a
> >kneemill.
> >
> >Just some sobering thoughts, guys
> >
> >Marcus

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-28 10:54:11 UTC Bigger then a Sherline WAS: wrong guy, but have servo question. Smoke 2000-11-28 12:55:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bigger then a Sherline WAS: wrong guy, but have servo question. Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-28 13:28:04 UTC Re: Bigger then a Sherline WAS: wrong guy, but have servo question. Smoke 2000-11-28 13:37:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bigger then a Sherline WAS: wrong guy, but have servo question.