CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: AC noise on DC affect stepper drivers?

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 1999-07-17 15:20:26 UTC
TADGUNINC@... wrote:

> why not run your data through fiber optics? I think the FO
> cables can be had cheap.

Too much work for us non-electronics types. Besides, there are lots of
folks running a similar setup without losing steps.
The reason I'd asked about it was the power supply is the only constant
since I started messing with step/direction.
If this turns out not to be the problem, then as far as I can see, it's
got to be some issue with timing configuration in the software. This is
not adjustable in the MAX software (at least, to the extent that Ah-ha
allows) and we haven't messed too much with the settings in Ah-ha. I'm
still working 12-14/7's and don't have the time to tinker with this like
I want to.

PTENGIN@x... 1999-07-14 11:26:17 UTC Re: AC noise on DC affect stepper drivers? TADGUNINC@x... 1999-07-17 15:04:05 UTC Re: AC noise on DC affect stepper drivers? Jon Anderson 1999-07-17 15:20:26 UTC Re: AC noise on DC affect stepper drivers?