CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Z Axis drawings posted

Posted by Wally K
on 2000-11-28 13:39:13 UTC
Thank you for posting pictures of Z axis. I looked them over and am
still confused. In one pic you show a stepper mounted on the knee.
In another pic of inside of knee you show the drive belt going to the
ballscrew. It seems to me the planes of the sprockets on motor and
ballscrew do not line up. It looks to me like they are 90 deg. apart.

Wally K.

P.S. why does the sprocket assembly inside the knee have a graduated
dial on it.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, John Stevenson <machines@n...>
wrote:
> I have posted some pictures and drawings in a folder called Z Axis
screw in
> the files section.
> These are of two machines that I have. As you can se from the two Z
axis
> screw pictures both ballnut blocks fasten to the quill by two allan
cap
> bolts.
> I have also included the drawings from the parts list of the Acton
machine
> on the Z axis layout in case this helps anybody.
> On the Acton machine it also has a stepper controlled knee
designated the W
> axis as well as the spindle designated Z axis.
> This operates the knee via a bevel gearbox on top of the knee
ballscrew.
> The residual magnetism of the stepper motor, a 1200 oz unit, is
sufficient
> to stop it creeping down under it's own weight. When switched off or
> de-energised the knee has to be locked off to prevent it going down
on it's
> own.
> The weight of the knee is sufficient to eliminate any backlash in
the gears
> etc.
> A picture and drawing show the layout of this axis.
> --
>
> Regards,
> John Stevenson
> Nottingham, England

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2000-11-28 13:04:42 UTC Z Axis drawings posted Wally K 2000-11-28 13:39:13 UTC Re: Z Axis drawings posted machines@n... 2000-11-28 14:42:25 UTC Re: Z Axis drawings posted Smoke 2000-11-28 15:13:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Z Axis drawings posted