CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Jon Elson belt drive question

Wally K wrote:

> Jon, in a previous post you told us how you snapped a 3/8 belt on
> your bridgeport table drive. Quote below.
>
> "I am using 3/8" wide belts with relatively small sprockets.
> I am using about a 10 tooth on the motor, and I guess that would
> mean a 25 on the leadscrew. I broke one belt when I had the
> acceleration turned up too high"
>
> I have been talking with Hugh about belt sizing and calculations. It
> would be very helpfull if you could remember what acceleration you
> were using to cause the belt to snap. And what acceleration you are
> using now.

Default accel was 10.0 in/sec^2, which is a hell of a lot!
I changed it to 2.0 in/Sec^2, which comes out nice for my servo
system. If you have stronger servos, you could go a little higher
than this. For a really huge machine, it probably will need to
be less.

Wally K 2000-11-29 09:16:27 UTC Jon Elson belt drive question Jon Elson 2000-11-29 12:35:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Jon Elson belt drive question ballendo@y... 2000-11-29 16:55:24 UTC re:Jon Elson belt drive question