CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help identify a Sigma stepper

Posted by Wally K
on 2000-12-04 19:51:12 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "tommy marantz" <tommym6@h...>
wrote:
> Wally,
>
> Sorry for the delayed post, I'm in digest mode and obviously weeks
behind in
> my reading.
>
> My Sigma catalog identifies some motors, but not yours. My
suspicion is
> this one is a custom. However you can be pretty sure of some
parameters
> common for the 4288 size;
>
> Diameter 4.2"
> Length 8.8"
> Holding torque 1810 oz in
> Detent torque 35 "
> Rotor inertia 62 oz in2
> Weight 23 lb
>
> The windings may be different form the one listed; 12 A, 0.27 ohm
This
> winding version develops 1/2 HP at 3,000 steps/sec (900 RPM) and
90V drive!

> I would like to find a monster like that for my Bridgeport knee,
know of any
> more available?
>
> Tommy

Hi Tommy, thanks for reply. I have identified most of the specs of
this stepper but can not be certain of volts and amps.

21 = Series of motor. High efficiency, high speed rotor.
4288 = Dia 4.2" X 8.8" length.
D = Stepping Motor.
280 = No. of steps per revolution.
99 = ?

I bought 2 of these many years ago from C&H and had them sitting for
a project like the bridgport conversion i am working on.

And yes it would be great for the knee. I wish i had 1 more of them.

Wally K.

Discussion Thread

Wally K 2000-11-18 11:45:49 UTC Help identify a Sigma stepper tommy marantz 2000-12-04 18:13:36 UTC re: Help identify a Sigma stepper Wally K 2000-12-04 19:51:12 UTC Re: Help identify a Sigma stepper