CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Pulse Gen /Alan's Software Thoughts?

on 2000-12-06 14:00:48 UTC
Hi Wally,

Yes, I can imagine the confusion in trying to follow my rambling
thoughts. Let me explain that I usually have several projects going at
once, and even more in the "thought process" queue.

Software efforts:

1. Jog program for 4th axis rotary table. (hand held computer).
2. Jog program for PC that can move ANY axis as linear or rotary.
3. Outgrowth of jog program that can do coordinated moves
(interpolation).
4. Variations of above in 4-phase for my old MaxNC stuff, as well as new
step/dir code for planned driver hardware.
5. CY-545 code to run stepper(s).
6. EMC, LINUX

Hardware efforts:

1. Hand held computer for Jog.
2. New step/dir drivers for BIGGER motors!
3. "Dream Machine" Mill (not too big) using ball screw parts I have
accumulated.
4. CY-545 multiple axis controller (back burner). Single channel working
nicely.
5. Want: Generic "black box" for step generation.
6. Another Sherline (2000) or FB-2/Grizzly mill?

Most if not ALL of the above are for my own "edification and
enjoyment". Just buying it is not the same thing! And stuff I build
seems to eventually result in software projects for someone who DOES pay
the bills! (Pick and place robotics, RDF, Automotive test computer,
etc).

Hope this is a clue to my thoughts, I wasn't thinking of Ball screws on
the little Sherline, but I can "Dream Machine", can't I?

And I LIKE the FlashCut box!

Alan KM6VV
PS, Santa, are you reading this?