CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laser engraving was Re:Smart Box / Dumb Box

Wally K wrote:

> Good thing you mentioned these things, i was not aware of them. Do
> you think the constant velosity cutting rate of EMC would solve the
> burning problem. And dosn't Yagers CNC Pro have this feature.

EMC does not have a constant rate, either. The machine can not accelerate
from zero to whatever speed you are running at instantly. Every machine
has physical limits due to mass and limited power in the motion drive
system. Therefore, for the most versatile system, you need to do the
laser power adjustment.

> I tend to agree with you about buying a sealed laser but my friend is

> obsessed with building them. He even makes his own parabolic mirrors
> and has them in working Co2 lasers.

Wow! Well, if he has the technology to do it, more power to him
(pun intended!)

ballendo@y... 2000-12-11 13:49:58 UTC laser engraving was Re:Smart Box / Dumb Box Wally K 2000-12-11 14:19:23 UTC laser engraving was Re:Smart Box / Dumb Box Jon Elson 2000-12-11 16:18:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laser engraving was Re:Smart Box / Dumb Box