CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Homebrew RP?

Posted by Randolph Lee
on 1999-07-20 14:15:03 UTC
>From: Al Schoepp <aschoepp@...>

Snip

>This is a quote from an email I just received from them;
>
>"Yes, a refurbished ModelMaker 6PRO system is available at $39,900
>(originally sold for $54,900). The technology is identical as in the
>ModelMaker II, but the build envelope is a 6 in. cube. The system comes
>with all the items listed below for the MM II."
>
>The new version goes for $66,900.

Out of my price range too By a huge amount.. the 1995 sheet I think
called it just a ModelMaker or perhaps even another name... no number
and no Pro was attached to the name and it would do models about 3
by 5 by about 1 1/2 in high as best I can recall I think they were
selling the more expensive Pro or perhaps announced it or had some
info on it as a future product...

Or perhaps I am Recalling an entirely different Machine seen at the
same show... I do know I had a flyer for a $20,000 machine that I saw
at the the show that year... but now I am starting to doubt my own
name(g)...

>A little out of my price range. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near
>qualified to experiment with building something like that but it seems
>to me that the control would be relatively simple. The difficult part
>would be the inkjet or whatever they are using to spray onto the
>powder. Possibly the Stereolithography method using a photo cureable
>epoxy resin with a laser to cure it would be easier, see
>http://www.bath.ac.uk/~en7bnd/rp/stereo.htm

Randolph Lee boss@...
Windshadow Engineering Nantucket Island, MA USA

Andrew Werby 1999-07-20 03:36:53 UTC Re: Homebrew RP? Randolph Lee 1999-07-20 12:18:52 UTC Re: Homebrew RP? Al Schoepp 1999-07-20 13:36:21 UTC Re: Re: Homebrew RP? Randolph Lee 1999-07-20 14:15:03 UTC Re: Re: Homebrew RP?