CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Monitor/CPU in same case, problems?

Jon Anderson wrote:

> As I mentioned in a previous post, I bought a Xycom terminal to
> integrate as my CNC interface. I gave up on putting a flat panel in
> it, just too expensive. So I'll go back to stuffing a 13" SVGA monitor
> and electronics into the case. Now, I think I have room to place a
> motherboard, floppy, and HD into this case also. What I'm asking about
> is, will I run into trouble with the high voltages emitting something
> that even -might- interfere with the CPU, HD, etc?
> It's no real big deal if I have to have a separate box for the computer,
> I just hate to waste all this space...

As long as you can get some separation (an inch or two) between the
monitor and the circuit boards, it should work fine. If necessary,
you can put a piece of sheet metal between the two sections.

Jon Anderson 2000-12-12 14:28:50 UTC Monitor/CPU in same case, problems? Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-12-12 17:28:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Monitor/CPU in same case, problems? Jon Anderson 2000-12-12 18:18:45 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Monitor/CPU in same case, problems? Jon Elson 2000-12-12 22:36:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Monitor/CPU in same case, problems?