CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Laptop Comp ?(cncpro)

Posted by tauseef
on 2000-12-13 00:53:24 UTC
hey Rich
While I am not a computer guru by any means, I too am using a toshiba
and notice the same thing. If you don't exit DOS and let it boot back
up in windows the next time you turn on the computer its still at
CNCPro. Depending on where you wish to be this can be good. If the
computer is sleeping, from what I understand, you will hear the fan
turn off and the hard disk light go off also.
One thing I did do was make a shortcut on my desktop so I do not have
to go to "start" "shut down and restart in MS Dos" etc all the time.
To make this shortcut :
1)right click anywhere on your desktop, go to "new", go to "shortcut"
2)click "browse", goto "Ya", goto "cncpro", goto "cncpro" click "open"
3)click "next", type in a different name if you like, "next"
4)pick icon, click "finish"
5)right click on the icon and go to "properties"
6)go to "program", goto "advanced" check the "MS-DOS mode"
7)you can uncheck or leave "warn before entering ms-dos" if you like
now or later...you can also change the icon also if you like
from "program"
8)click ok, ok

now when you click on the icon it should automatically shut windows
and take you to cncpro. You will still have to exit cncpro to get
back to window.
hope this helped
taus

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Rich D." <cmsteam@a...> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Could one of you computer gurus throw a few kind words?
> Having just aquired my first laptop (used Toshiba 430CDT/120MHz)
and learning a new toy
> with CNC-Pro that runs on DOS, I was wondering if there is a way to
shut down from
> DOS directly. It seems, when left alone, it will go to sleep mode.
Is this really off?
> Powering up again returns it to DOS. How do I shut it down from DOS
so that the next
> power on boots to Windows normally like a reglar PC?
> I'm aware that CNC-Pro will return to Win on exit if started from
Windoze.
> Brrrrrr, It's cold in Atlanta!
> Thankyou,
> Rich D.
> -

Discussion Thread

Rich D. 2000-12-12 22:55:59 UTC Laptop Comp ? tauseef 2000-12-13 00:53:24 UTC Re: Laptop Comp ?(cncpro) Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-12-13 10:27:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Laptop Comp ?