CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

CncPRO files was Re: (unknown)(the laptop thread)

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-12-14 14:37:19 UTC
Carey wrote:
>Anyway, I am not complaining, I want it to boot back to CNCPro. I
>bought the notebook for this purpose. It lives in my shop to run my
>cnc machines. The only time it needs to see windows is to load gcode
>to CNCPro.

Carey,

Why not just use DOS to get the files? A couple of simple batch files
should make this MUCH easier(and faster) than "going to windows" and
back... And changing the file extensions also, if needed.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. I sure Hope anybody currently writing CNC controller Software
will include a simple feature which is VERY useful, IMO. That is, the
ability to specify the .xxx toolpath file extension for use by the
program. Even better, let us specify more than one. And finally, let
US specify where to "look" for the toolpath files. TIA.

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-12-14 14:37:19 UTC CncPRO files was Re: (unknown)(the laptop thread) cnc002@a... 2000-12-14 17:30:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CncPRO files was Re: (unknown)(the laptop thread)