CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Synthetic way lubes vs Smell..?.

on 2000-12-15 20:43:59 UTC
A similar question came up on another group. Several members suggested marvle mistory oil.I've tried it and it seems to work well although it does seem to be a bit thin. Also it does have a smell but I do not think that it is a bad smell. It also seems to make a good general purpose cutting oil. it seems to cut really clean threads better than most cutting fluid and it's also easy to find most auto parts stores will have it.
Rick

original message

From: Lee Studley <indigo_red@u...>
Date: Fri Dec 15, 2000 9:21am
Subject: Synthetic way lubes vs Smell..?...

I bought Velocite ISO68 way lube awhile back for my mill, but man the
stuff stinks (sounds prissy doesnt it) up my garage. My wife agrees
so I guess its not just my nose. Part of the problem was a rag
drenched in it when I was filling up the Bijour autolube unit.

I was hoping a synthetic way lube might not be so aromatic, but have
not found any information on a SunocoWaylube84(ISO68) equivelant.

-Lee

JAllen0974@w... 2000-12-15 20:43:59 UTC Re: Synthetic way lubes vs Smell..?. Doug Harrison 2000-12-16 11:45:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Synthetic way lubes vs Smell..?.