CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport Series 1 conversion and othe r stuff

Posted by eGroupsCDH
on 2000-12-20 09:11:42 UTC
Hi Joe,

Unfortunately mine won't come with any tooling (but maybe I can beg a
little). The spindle is NMBT-30 which I see is still available in the MSC
catalog. I had even thought of changing the spindle to an R-8 to match my
other mill but I think I'll leave the NMBT-30 for the quick-change ability.
Maybe I'll build a tool changer some day ;-)

Where can I find out about CNCPro?

I knew about the 12 x 18" .vs. 9 x 42" issue but I'm sure all my work will
fit in the 12 x 18 except for odds and ends which I can do on the 9 x 42.

Do you think I can get by for awhile with the AHHA 6 amp driver if I have
lower speed and cutting force requirements? In the future, which do you
think would be cheaper - replacing the motors W/6 amp motors or purchasing
new drivers?

I'll be watching to see how yours comes out ...

Regards,

Chuck Hackett
Omaha, Nebraska