CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport Series 1 conversion and othe r stuff

Posted by Lee Studley
on 2000-12-20 11:08:23 UTC
Chuck, I had NMTB-40 on my bridgeport seriesII and found an adapter
to R8 at ENCO. (www.use-enco.com) I also got a set of NMTB-40 holders
from enco, so they may have NMTB-30.?. also surf ebay, every now and
then you can find tool holders there. I found DA-400 collets every
now and then.
-Lee

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, eGroupsCDH <eGroupsCDH@X...>
wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Unfortunately mine won't come with any tooling (but maybe I can beg
> little). The spindle is NMBT-30 which I see is still available in
the MSC
> catalog. I had even thought of changing the spindle to an R-8 to
match my
> other mill but I think I'll leave the NMBT-30 for the quick-change
ability.
> Maybe I'll build a tool changer some day ;-)
>
> Where can I find out about CNCPro?
>
> I knew about the 12 x 18" .vs. 9 x 42" issue but I'm sure all my
work will
> fit in the 12 x 18 except for odds and ends which I can do on the 9
x 42.

> Do you think I can get by for awhile with the AHHA 6 amp driver if
I have
> lower speed and cutting force requirements? In the future, which
do you
> think would be cheaper - replacing the motors W/6 amp motors or
purchasing
> new drivers?
>
> I'll be watching to see how yours comes out ...
>
> Regards,
>
> Chuck Hackett
> Omaha, Nebraska

eGroupsCDH 2000-12-20 09:11:42 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport Series 1 conversion and othe r stuff eGroupsCDH 2000-12-20 09:39:32 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: Bridgeport Series 1 conversion and othe r stuff Joe Vicars 2000-12-20 10:14:27 UTC Re: Bridgeport Series 1 conversion and othe r stuff Lee Studley 2000-12-20 11:08:23 UTC Re: Bridgeport Series 1 conversion and othe r stuff