CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Stepper Mounts

on 2000-12-28 16:45:38 UTC
Bill,

I bought it, installed it, even used it today! Or should I say my
oldest son, Andre' ran it today cutting parts for his "bent" for Tau
Beta Pi (engineering) fraternity initiation. I'm on break now, Andre'
went surfing!

The kit contains 3 motor mounts, each with a pair of thrust bearings, a
pre-tension nut, and a flexible coupler. Additionally there is a new Z
axis shaft. All required hardware to mount the motors/motor mounts is
included. There are also two "jigs" (as I posted) to allow accurate
drilling the motor mount holes in the three axis slides. Conversion
went OK, the ways (slides) are aluminum, and a little "gummy" to drill
and tap.

Instructions provided are quite good. My motors are the "Motion control
kit" from MaxNC. I previously posted a note to "check your motor
flange", as my newest MaxNC motors have wider circular section on the
flange, which must fit into the motor mounts. If they don't, then
either make a "spacer plate", or cheat like I did, and use 4 small
washers! I did this on the rotary table. No problem.

Want PIX? I just got a Nikon CoolPix 880 Digital Camera! ...'Soon as I
figure out how to operate it!

Alan KM6VV
Sunny Central California Coast!

PS. This is also about the best Christmas Present a Dad could Receive!
Later this week, I'll do some photography with youngest son Pat!

wanliker@... wrote:

> If there is anyone on the list that has used the Sherline CNC Conversion for
> the Mill, would you please make some comments about it, what is included, and
> how the conversion went.
>
> Also has anyone bought just the stepper motor mounts separately, for a home
> type conversion, again, please post some comments about what and how.
> thanks,
> bill

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-12-28 16:45:38 UTC Re: Stepper Mounts Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-12-28 22:55:07 UTC Re: Stepper Mounts