CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Stepper Mounts

on 2000-12-28 22:55:07 UTC
Rich and the Lists,

I uploaded a pix (CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO files) of my Sherline Mill with
Sherline CNC motor mounts. A little bit bit, 1.77 Mb, next time I will
use lower resolution! It's under SherlineCNC folder.

As I mentioned before, my son Andre' is machining parts for the "bent",
an initiation project for Tau Beta PI (engineering) Faternity.

A point of interest, this is Andre's first machining project, he is
making "squaring" cuts using Gcode commands under MDI. I think this is
a good example of how easy it is to pick up on Gcode, and that
handwheels are optional to a lot of us. He quickly got the hang of the
cartesian coordinates, making light cuts on the brass .375 and .5 bar
stock. He also was soon comfortable with my dial calipers. Although he
has yet to write a CNC program, he was wanting to type in a file the
gcode commands he was entering with MDI. Andre' is a Senior at U.C.
Davis. His major is computer engineering.

As for the pix, the three motor mounts and motors are visible on the
mill, the driver is the aluminum box behind the mill. In the forground
is a small aluminum box with a red handwheel, which I can use to jog
with the controller program I wrote. The adjustable angle plate has two
pieces of brass stock clampted down for milling (end squaring in
progress). There is a Variac to the right of the mill, which I use to
replace the fried old controller on the mill. Behind and to the left,
is a stepper driven VHF/UHF antenna rotator, computer driven, that I use
to collect data for direction finding. Andre' is to to left, operating
the mill, with MaxNC on the monitor.

Alan KM6VV
Merry Christmas!

Rich D." wrote:

> Alan,
> When you take those mill pics, I would like a look see too. I
> will be doing a web page soon with pics of mine, home brew.
> Rich Dean

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-12-28 16:45:38 UTC Re: Stepper Mounts Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-12-28 22:55:07 UTC Re: Stepper Mounts