CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:Re: Scanner/Digitizer maxnc

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-01-02 21:38:19 UTC
Alan, List,

The MaxNC 'digitiser' is a 3D switch which opens/closes when
it 'hits' something. This is used with a standard gcode 'skip'
function. They use G61 I think. Generally, 'skip' is G31. Skip
function means go to the specified coordinates, UNLESS the switch is
tripped. IF the switch is tripped, STOP!

The maxnc digitising software includes a 'scanning program' (to set
up the scan dimensions and size,direction, etc.) It also 'reads' the
position coordinates WHEN the 'skip' switch is detected. Then it
moves to the next point and probes again until 'skip'.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. Building a digitising probe is EASY. Building an
ACCURATE,INEXPENSIVE probe is HARD!

Alan wrote:
>I don't have any additional information on MaxNC's digitizer, I do
>have a URL for a MaxNC/graphics site, which I must have left in my
>other machine! MaxNC does have some servo machines, maybe they mean
>that's

P.P.S. The maxNC 'servo' machines are closed loop STEPPERS... AFAIK,
the digitiser works with them also.

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2001-01-02 21:38:19 UTC re:Re: Scanner/Digitizer maxnc