CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Best driver software

on 2001-01-03 19:28:19 UTC
Bill,

Yeager's CNCpro is probably the best way to go. I had at one time
considered building both "step/dir to 4-phase" and "4-phase to step/dir"
hardware, as I have a mix of old stepper stuff around here. Could
probably be done in a PIC, or PAL. Maybe someone will volunteer to
design one? Mariss? ;>)

Alan KM6VV

William Reidsema wrote:

> Hi,
> Second time I'm asking questions on this great
> group!
> I am changing my Taig "phase control" driver box to
> 3 Gecko drives. Well the Geckos take step and
> direction
> signals whereas the Taig uses phase pulses. My present
> MAXNC driver software is configured for phase control
> but they also sell a step-direction version for
> another
> $225. I think there is better driver software out
> there
> but have no experience with anything but MAXNC.
> Anybody with notable experience with Yeager's CNC
> Pro? Anybody have anything else that is better at
> about
> the same price?
> I make most of my files in Cimigrafi and they are
> post processed to a MM G-code, visually verified, and
> then are then fed into the controller software to run
> the mill.
> I have an old copy of Supercam but it only has
> four
> G-codes and four M-codes.
> Thanks for your input,
> Bill Reidsema
> Bradenton, FL

Discussion Thread

William Reidsema 2001-01-03 17:28:09 UTC Best driver software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-03 19:28:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Best driver software ron ginger 2001-01-04 06:41:37 UTC Re: Best driver software