CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Best driver software

Posted by ron ginger
on 2001-01-04 06:41:37 UTC
> From: William Reidsema <wreidsema@...>
>Subject: Best driver software

>..... My present
>MAXNC driver software is configured for phase control
>but they also sell a step-direction version for another
>$225. I think there is better driver software out there
>but have no experience with anything but MAXNC.
> Anybody with notable experience with Yeager's CNC
>Pro? Anybody have anything else that is better at about
>the same price?

I used maxnc for a couple years, then switched to CNCpro. CNCpro is a
WORLD of difference. Much better interface, and it generates much
smoother output- the motors even sound smoother.

I was able to sell my old maxnc program on e-bay.

CNCpro has a demo version on the net, try it. It hass a very nasty limit
built in where it just stops working after about 20 commands. That was a
big pain in testing, since it took me many more commands than that to
get the config setup corret, but it was worth the hassle.

I think the other very important feature is that the author of maxnc
seems to be a very reclusinve and hard to reach person, while doug of
cncpro even answers questions on this list.

ron ginger

Discussion Thread

William Reidsema 2001-01-03 17:28:09 UTC Best driver software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-03 19:28:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Best driver software ron ginger 2001-01-04 06:41:37 UTC Re: Best driver software