CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Digitizer

on 2001-01-03 22:19:48 UTC
Mariano, Ballendo, Tony, Lists,

Looks like MaxNC's digitizer works with any of their software, so a G61
(I just found it in a manual page) should be able to detect a switch.
I'll be trying it (the switch input).

"G61 is used to interrupt a move when a change of state happens in a
switch connected to pin 13 of the parallel port (from 4-phase manual)
... G61X10.0 "

So we need a gcode program that uses G61; although I don't yet see a way
to save the "acquired" coordinates. That must be what their digitizer
program does. Still looking.

Anyone know how to get current XYZ coordinates out of a MaxNC program?

Alan KM6VV

> Ballendo wrote:
> G31 x5y3z-1
>
> Most commercial controls have user- accessible variables which
> include the current coordinates. 'Reading' these coords to a file
> completes the act of digitising.
>
> >From memory, I don't know if the MaxNC code is G61, M61, or something
> else...

Alan KM6VV

"Requires any of the Maxnc motion software programs to run. Includes
the Digitizing Probe and the Software. The software includes the
Digitizing program, utilities to convert 3D NC programs to DXF, 3D DXF
to NC, an AUTOCAD 3D prototype DWG file, sample 3D DXF files and more.
"

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-03 22:19:48 UTC Re: Digitizer PMeinhard@a... 2001-01-05 16:26:14 UTC Digitizer Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-05 18:24:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digitizer Greg Nuspel 2001-01-19 11:47:43 UTC Digitizer hllrsr@c... 2002-10-06 12:59:39 UTC Digitizer