CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:taig Maxnc spindle

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-01-05 09:26:32 UTC
Tony J wrote:
>The pictures of the collet closer & collets on the website confirmed
>to me that the Max spindle is actually a Taig spindle - I know that
>Taig make their own spindles/collets to their own design, and the
>collets in the picture are undoubtedly of Taig origin.
>(Incidentally, the rotary table looks remarkably like a modified
>Sherline table.)

Tony,

The website appears to be a dealer for BOTH taig and MaxNC. I would
be surprised if Otto (at MaxNC) has Taig making spindles for him.
He's pretty much an I'll do it myself kind of guy, IMO. And thay are
direct competitors...

The rotary IS a modified sherline. Their price/quality is pretty hard
to beat.

>No doubt the EMC hackers on this list would have no problems putting
>together an add-on for this...;-)

Not necessary to call the hackers. EMC already has a probing routine.
Uses G38.2 (UGGGHHH!!! G38 is a 'feature' probing routine in everyone
elses' control... NIST ignored the G31 'skip' standard here.) Why
can't they use the 'standards' which have evolved in the commercial
sector... It seems that no one wants to accept what is already done.
As if doing so somehow compromises THEIR ingenuity. IMO, THIS is the
REAL reason behind hundreds of flavors of gcode.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2001-01-05 09:26:32 UTC re:taig Maxnc spindle dougrasmussen@c... 2001-01-05 12:22:43 UTC Re: re:taig Maxnc spindle